Many women admit having difficulties using vaginal creams and pessaries. These drugs are mostly used for the treatment of local infection, contraceptive or oestrogen replacement.
Here are a few tips
- Wash hands with soap and water
- If medication comes with applicator (a device to aid administration), load the applicator as directed in drug label
- You could stand with one leg on a chair or choose to lie down with your knees bent and legs apart
- Place applicator into vagina and press to insert the pessary or cream into the vagina. Whithout an applicator, use your fingers and gently but firmly insert pessary as high into the vagina as possible using the middle finger.
- Wash hand and applicator (if used)
For virgins, it is not advisable to use Pessaries (vaginal tablets) unless indicated by your doctor.