These types of tablets are not the regular ‘swallow with a glass of water’ tablets. Here are a few tips
- Sip some water to moisten the mouth
- Sublingual tablets: place under the tongue
- Buccal tablets: place tablet between cheek and the lower or upper gum
- Close your mouth and do not swallow until the tablet has dissolved completely
- Avoid hastening the process by moving the tablet around the mouth, chewing or swallowing.
- Do not rinse mouth for several minutes.
Remember to always read drug labels on how to use your medications safely.